About Me

My photo
Hollo! My name is Amber Lin. I am a student in Taiwan and studing in National Chenchi University now. My major is Public Finace. My favorite color is green. I think green is the color of nature, and I love nature too. I like children and I also like helping other people. So now I am in the international volunteer association. This summer I am plaining to Qinghai to teach local children. I am looking forward to it!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PINOY SUNDAY 2--Our Story

Last associate time, we have seen part of Philippines worker’s life in Taiwan. And this week, we invited a Philippines Milan to make a speech for us. Milan is the heroine of the book “Our story—Moving and Laboring”(我們), which is talking about the Philippines labor in Taiwan. After her speech, I know more about what they thought. And I know many volunteers and social workers are helping Filipion labors get the same pay as local labors. I agree with her that we should be more friendly to foreign labors in Taiwan, all labor should have same treatment. But when we are talking about salary, I think we don’t have to pay the same salary between Taiwan labor and Philippine labor based on economic theory. Because Philippine labor must think the salary in Taiwan is good otherwise they won’t come.  

1 comment:

  1. The issue you talked about is very interested. I also thought that we don’t have to pay the same salary to Philippine labor as Taiwan labor based on economic theory. But we still can offer them a better place to work in and ensure their safety while working.

    ReplyDelete