About Me

My photo
Hollo! My name is Amber Lin. I am a student in Taiwan and studing in National Chenchi University now. My major is Public Finace. My favorite color is green. I think green is the color of nature, and I love nature too. I like children and I also like helping other people. So now I am in the international volunteer association. This summer I am plaining to Qinghai to teach local children. I am looking forward to it!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Trends in International Volunteering

This week we invited the CEO of the International Association for Volunteer Effort (IVAE/國際志工協會) to make a speech for IVA. The topic is “The Trends in International Volunteering”. He said the trends in international volunteering are three trends. First is the GCVC(企業志工),which is that companies encouraging their staffs to be a volunteer. Second is the international volunteer. The last is the older volunteer(年長者志工). In Taiwan, there are still little GCVC. I hope more companies can join GCVC because a company has more power than a person. And I think to a security, volunteers are the more the better.      

3 comments:

  1. I think there should be more volunteer in Taiwan, too.
    Not only teenagers who are students, but also those companys also should put more power in Volunteer works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for inviting me to the speech. However, because of the great pressure from school life recently, I didn’t attend it that day. I agree with you that it will be better if more companies can join GCVC because a company has more power than a person.
    On the other hand, I think there should be more volunteers in Taiwan, too. Maybe we should help people around us everyday first, uniting our country to a certain degree and then, we can have more spare time to help more people in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everytime when I read your blog, gives me a heartwarming feeling. People like you who have devoted yourselves to the voluntary work are so kind and obliging, I would like to join if there's any spare time I have. But too bad, it doesn't seem possible to me for the time being...

    ReplyDelete