About Me

My photo
Hollo! My name is Amber Lin. I am a student in Taiwan and studing in National Chenchi University now. My major is Public Finace. My favorite color is green. I think green is the color of nature, and I love nature too. I like children and I also like helping other people. So now I am in the international volunteer association. This summer I am plaining to Qinghai to teach local children. I am looking forward to it!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Are We Idiot?

At the beginning of this semester, the famous professor, Jia-tong Li, said a surprising talk “All college students who went tribe servicing are idiots”. As a volunteer, I do not disagree all he said. I agree that while college students go remote mountain for servicing, they will not only help local resident but also causing troubles for local people. However, I don’t think that those college students went there just for fun. Take me for example. I have joined the international volunteer association more than one year. And I have went Jia-yi and Nan-tou to hold summer camp and winter camp for local student. I think we have brought different experiences and views for local student. And they enjoy our camp too. So I don’t agree that we are idiot who just waste resources and do something without meanings.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree your point of view about what the professor say,to be a volunteer can learn lots of things that we didn't know in college.The world is ont in campus only,knowledge is important,but not the all of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think dear Mr. Li doesn't have a brain. Two years ago I joined the staff group of our department's summer camp, and we invited him to be one of our speakers. But when he came, he doesn't even know who he was going to talk to. He just started critizing, from we youn people to the whole world. So..... I guess we should just ignore what he says.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the idiot himself with only nonsense came out from his mouth... Big trees have rotten branches and large clans have beggars, keep up the good works and ignore that retarded old folk!

    Your warm-heartedness has surely gained our respect and support; the kids in the remote area do need our help to get a better learning environment and so as to narrow the gap of digital divide.

    Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just believe in what you believe! I think being a volunteer surely can learn many things which we can't learn from books, especially the way you treat people, the ability to be independent, and the way of how to work with people.

    PS, But I do know that some people are not volunteer to bo a volunteer. Haha, they are too bad.

    ReplyDelete